If you know Tin Shingle, you know that finding ways for you to master and get the most out of your DIY PR campaign is our thing! From the education end of it to the press-connecting end, we work it. From classes to PR Leads, personal introductions to hunting down the contacts you need, we continue to believe that doing-it-with-others is much easier than doing-it-yourself!
Our members began getting press hits from the exclusive PR Leads we provide them with on a daily basis. We thought it important to help them spread the word when this happens, and celebrate with them! So we created a new blog series called "SNAGGED!", that describes how a member snagged a press hit from our private, member-only PR Leads.
By actively answering our exclusive PR Leads, members have been landing themselves, their stories and their products everywhere from Real Simple, The Wendy Williams Show, People StyleWatch, Lucky and ABC News. These success stories take effort and we know that as a small business it takes time and energy to respond to the many PR Leads that cross your desk every day.
"SNAGGED!" allows us to further celebrate press success. By posting these special stories on our blog, we're able to:
- share an amazing (and media-vetted) small business with our readers
- leverage the member's press into more press
- share their stories yet again
- and heck, it's even a great way for us to promote ways readers can "Buy Entrepreneur" thanks to the cool products and services showcased in Snagged.
Do you have a Tin Shingle PR Lead success story to share with Snagged? Email us at email@example.com Do you want a shot at landing some press to spread the news about your business? Join Tin Shingle and start pitching.
Here's how you can land press from your Tin Shingle membership, and then tell us about it for an additional feature in our "SNAGGED!" series:
1. Actively answering the exclusive PR Leads. Remember that new leads go in daily and that you can sort them by most recent and earliest deadline to make planning easier. I'd recommend you check them EVERY day, because you know the early bird gets the worm and some reporters reach out to us with quick deadlines, so be that bird!
2. Be sure your member profile page and business profile page are always up-to-date and full of information that can help the press get ot know you. They often scan through the member Business Directory when looking for subjects of specific stories. "As we speak" stories are being pulled for Fox Business News, MSNBC, Entrepreneur Magazine, Lucky, Redbook and MORE via the member directory.
3. Let us know when your story is going to go live! We'll do the Snagging. Send us the link to an online story, the heads up that a TV segment starring YOU is airing, the details of when you'll be in a print magazine. Our PR team will spring into action, snag the visuals, get scoop from you and the press, and post it on our blog, Facebook and Twitter. You just sit back and watch your first round of press generate even more press. We've already begun the series, and immediately fell in love with this virtual press success celebration!
4. Let's all be proud! Virtual high fives! DIY PR is hard work, and it's important to celebrate the victories - if even virtually celebrating!