Spring hatches, and before you know it, it's Mother's Day! But editors of magazines and blogs as well as TV producers have already been planning their gift guides and segments. And your business wants IN! Special Guest Expert Kelly Kepner, founder of Kelly Kepner PR, returns to our digital studio to talk shop with Tin Shingle co-founders Sabina and Katie about how you can position and pitch your business for gift guides, social media participation, and other opportunities around Mother's Day. Listen in!
RESEARCHING MOTHER’S DAY GIFT GUIDE OPPORTUNITIES
- Types of products that are great fits for Mother’s Day PR campaigns, and that are not.
- How your brand fits into the myriad of Mother’s Day Gift Guides you could pitch - “For the Sporty Mom”, for the “Foodie Mom”
GO IN FOR THE PITCH!
- Pitching Mother’s Day Gift Guides in print and on websites.
- Tricks to finding Gift Guides that are a great fit for your business.
- How to find who to pitch at the magazine, website or TV show.
- Timing-wise, when to start pitching print magazines, and when to pitch blogs and TV.
- The anatomy of an ideal email pitch - what should it look like?
- The art of the followup - do you stalk an editor or wait and see?
INSTAGRAM & MOTHER’S DAY
- Opportunities in Instagram to reach magazine editors.
- Instagram campaigns that partner with other brands for exposure to new customers.
EXPERTS WHO PROVIDE A SERVICE
- Experts can get media exposure for Mother’s Day too! You will learn how.
- Providers of a service (ex: Massage) and how they can pitch that to the media.
- Website preparation for Mother’s Day - making it look just right.
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!