A little known fact to most small business owners is that editors want to attend parties you host for them. The industry term for this soiree is a "press preview". It's a meet-and-greet where you get to display and discuss what is going on in your business. It works for authors, fashion lines, food companies, and more. Publicists Kelly Kepner and Jordan Landes-Brenman walk you through how to have one, and the strategies behind a successful press preview.
- Is there a certain time of year that is best to hold these types of events?
- Should hold a press preview more than once a year?
- If you live in a small town and don’t live in a major city like New York or LA, can you still hold a press preview? Who would come? Should you travel to New York to do it?
- How far in advance do you begin planning and strategizing your press preview?
- What do you need to know to plan and host a press preview? From securing a space, inviting editors, prepping products, securing an appropriate space, Kelly and Jordan will answer these questions.
- How should you decorate?
- What you can expect in terms of what really goes on a Press Preview (aka Editor Preview).
- What are key points you want to convey to the editors when they’re there?
- What are the big “no no’s” on the preview/showcase day?
- How should or shouldn’t social media be involved in these previews? Can you tweet or Facebook the event?
- After the event, how soon should you follow up with your guests who visited?
- How can you publicize your press preview and build buzz from it?
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for Premium Members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes! Not a member yet? You really should be...
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
Haute House PR & Marketing, run by Jordan Landes-Brenman, is a nationwide, full-service public relations and events firm representing fashion, lifestyle and beauty brands. Kelly Kepner of Kelly Kepner Public Relations and Landes-Brenman both focus on editorial product placement, brand publicity, celebrity seeding, entertainment marketing, custom events, and advertising. At each of their publicity firms, they have secured placement in the top national magazines, including O, The Oprah Magazine, Marie Claire, SELF, Redbook, Realsimple, People StyleWatch, Lucky, Latina, and many more. When not locking coverage, you can find Jordan in a video series for eHow.com as an on-air fashion expert. She is also an event contributor for Style Music TV, and a columnist for Ventura Blvd. Find Haute House PR & Marketing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or visit www.HauteHousePR.com. You can find Kelly Kepner rocking her firm's Instagram account and posting her firm's success on Facebook.