One of the hardest parts about running your own PR campaign is the pitching of the media (aka, emailing a reporter or editor with the reason you want them to cover your business). After you email them - what then? When and how do you follow-up? Whether you're getting crickets (aka no response) or getting responses that you're unsure about answering, knowing how and when to act can mean the difference between a "GO" for a press story or a pass. Listen to this TuneUp, and your confidence will change when it comes to sending a follow-up email to someone in the media.
- Learn real-life pitching scenarios from business owners of all kinds, and hear the different types of follow-ups that work for each one.
- Discover how not to follow-up with a reporter or editor.
- Revealed: the #1 rule you need to follow to ensure you are following up the right way with every member of the press, from bloggers to TV producers.
- Get the answer to your biggest question: "How long do I have to wait before I follow up?"
- See how a a "pass" or "no" can be turned into a "YES" for press placement.
- Control your inner panic of: "Why is no one replying to my emails?" with the most common reasons why pitches aren't being answered and what you can do about it.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
Member Price: FREE
Each week we host a live call-in class called a #TuneUp about a featured subject, and then we record it to make it available as a podcast. Our experts and special guests lead each class. We take real questions from real business owners and answer them on the spot.
Sabina Hitchen is the co-founder of Tin Shingle and the President of Red Branch Public Relations. She has been practicing, teaching and lecturing on all things public relations for over eight years and specializes in lifestyle public relations for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Sabina's clients have appeared everywhere from the Today Show, Good Morning America and CBS This Morning to Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc.com, O the Oprah Winfrey Magazine, People StyleWatch, E! News and more. She is a true believer that "it's PR not ER" and that every small business given the right skills and tools can excel at managing and understanding their public relations campaign.