Coverage in your local magazines can mean a big boost in your business. People love being in-the-know locally. But how does a business pitch a local magazine? Our guest expert for this live class is Olivia Abel, the editor and chief of the Hudson Valley Magazine, one of New York's biggest regional magazines.
COVERED IN THIS CLASS:
- What are best ways for a business to sound relevant?
- Does a business need a storefront in order to be covered in the magazine?
- Does a business need to advertise in a local magazine in order to get editorial coverage?
- What types of pitches get responses?
- Who is the best person to pitch to at a local magazine if the staff is small?
- How far in advance does a business need to pitch a story?
- If a business runs a major local event, do they still need to pitch? Or will the magazine just "know" about the event and cover it?
- What is a day in the life of an editor and chief of a regional magazine?
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Olivia Abel is the Editor in Chief of Hudson Valley Magazine for nearly eight years. During her tenure, she has helped this glossy monthly publication increase its readership, refresh its image, win its very first national award (for civic journalism) and establish a dynamic online presence. Previously, Olivia worked in both editorial and marketing at some of the biggest magazines in the world, including a six-year stint as a reporter at People, writing press releases for Newsweek and creating direct mail packages for TV Guide.