Public relations barriers mistakes, obstacles - we've all faced them! Whether you've made a mistake that makes you cringe while you were pitching the press or feel like no matter how many times you email XYZ editor or producer about an amazing story idea you never hear from them. How do you move past them and into PR glory AKA stories, TV segments and articles about you and your biz? That's exactly what Tin Shingle's co-founder Sabina Hitchen will tell you on this video TuneUp.
- How to recover from the most common email mistakes small business entrepreneurs make at one point or another.
- What to do when a reporter or producers "gets angry" at you.
- Is this you? You're sure you're meant for a certain magazine or TV show but the person you're pitching isn't getting back in touch with you - not even to say "pass"! What do you do? We'll discuss...
- The two mistakes you should never make when trying to get your products into the hands of a celebrity.
- When you can pitch competing shows, magazines or websites the same story and when it's a big mistake.
- What to do when your competitor lands a story you want in a specific outlet - can you still pitch the same thing?
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
Sabina Hitchen is the co-founder of Tin Shingle and the President of Red Branch Public Relations. She has been practicing, teaching and lecturing on all things public relations for over eight years and specializes in lifestyle public relations for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Sabina's clients have appeared everywhere from the Today Show, Good Morning America and CBS This Morning to Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc.com, O the Oprah Winfrey Magazine, People StyleWatch, E! News and more. She is a true believer that "it's PR not ER" and that every small business given the right skills and tools can excel at managing and understanding their public relations campaign.