Google and Facebook are fiercely competing for our attention, and have been rolling out new tricks to make search faster, more accurate and more intuitive. In this TuneUp, Katie sits down with SEO Guru and CEO of Success Aligned, and Amp Media, Kate Saunders to hear what big concepts we need to be focusing on now for what Google values in SEO. Tune in to hear about:
- Voice Activated Search: Is your website optimized for people speaking in their search commands?
- SEO Basics: Don't worry - we'll cover the basics quickly so that you start on solid ground!
- Local: What is the Local Snack Pack and how do you make sure your shop is on top?
- Social SEO: Is your website ranking lower because your competitor is more active in their social media?
- Warnings: Kate's basic no-no's that can set of negative triggers for your website's SEO.
- Resources: Kate's favorite resources to keep up with for big hints on the future of SEO.
HOW TO WATCH
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
ALL-ACCESS PASS MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Katie Hellmuth Martin is the Co-Founder of Tin Shingle and is committed to educating small businesses in common sense, yet sexy ways of marketing through search engines, and online branding. Small businesses from Main Street, to big business have relied on Katie for insight and forward thinking approaches to using today's technology to lock in online branding to increase sales. As lead producer and digital strategist at InHouse Design Media, Katie has developed e-commerce and content based websites, and devised SEO and social strategies for businesses of all types, including retail and service. She has managed the traffic flow and sales process for websites during features on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and Daily Candy. She is also the publisher of the local media source, A Little Beacon Blog. Katie speaks and teaches SEO and online marketing, and has been featured in Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, New York Daily News, and other publications. Connect with her on Twitter via @KJPixelated and @TinShingle, on Instagram @katiejamespixelated and @TinShingle and on Google+.