From working with national brands like Capital One Spark to your favorite local insurance company or flea market, Tin Shingle co-founder Katie Hellmuth Martin will walk you through each step of the way for finding and signing a new sponsor or advertising partner.
- Researching Part 1: Which business would be a good fit, and why.
- Researching Part 2: Who is the right person within that business to pitch your sponsor or advertising idea.
- Pitching The Contact: Best approaches from calling, to emailing.
- Following Up: Ways to follow up with the contact if you do get a response, and following up if you don't get a response.
- Closing The Deal Part 1: Getting a meeting in person or over the phone.
- Life In Between: Keeping your relationship fresh if it was an informational meeting.
- Closing the Deal Part 2: Getting the sale and sponsor locked in.
- Negotiating Prices: From offers of modified prices to offers of trade.
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
Katie Hellmuth Martin is co-founder of Tin Shingle and publisher of A Little Beacon Blog. Since 2005 when she hung her own shingle as a designer of websites and accessories, Katie has worked with businesses of all sizes to grow their digital footprints using newsletters, company blogs, user experience, social media, and a creative look at SEO performance. For Tin Shingle, she is lead designer, community membership nurturer, columnist, and director of partnerships and advertising.