What do you need to know before investing in a tradeshow? How do you know what to bring, how to act, how to attract retailers and more? What are the biggest mistakes small business owners make before, during and after a tradeshow? Most importantly, how can you guarantee the entire experience is worth your time?
- How to determine the best tradeshow participation for your brand.
- Best approaches to tradeshows to build sales if you've never attended one. From research to "walking" the tradeshows.
- Types of pre-show marketing activities.
- How your tradeshow exhibit staff can help your brand get the most out of the tradeshow.
- How to inspire and direct your sales team beore the tradeshow begins - your court-side pep talk!
- What your booth can and should look like.
- Realistic budgets for designing and building your tradeshow booth, and how much if it you can DIY (do it yourself).
- The MUST HAVE items that you need on your tradeshow to-do list.
- What goes into your “tradeshow go kit” (Scissors? Extension cord? Candy?)
- The tools you'll need to lock in the orders and sales at the tradeshow.
- Tips for generating booth traffic and legitimate prospects.
- How to deal with shipping charges to purchasers who choose to order your products while at the tradeshow.
- Your press strategy about your brand's involvement with the tradeshow, and dealing with press who "walk the floor" at the show.
- Lists of what stores/buyers will be at the show.
- Proper tradeshow etiquette, including approaching buyers and press walking the floor to invite them into your booth. The moves that could kill your brand at the show.
- Recommended follow-up moves after the tradeshow.
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for Premium Members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes! Not a member yet? You really should be...
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Melissa Hall is a GENIUS when it comes to all things marketing, branding, merchandising and tradeshows. Melissa has over eight years of retail experience from sample sales and pop-up shops to tradeshows of every kind ranging from fashion shows including ENK's The Coterie, Accessories Circuit, The New York International Gift Fair, The Stationary Show and also other categories such as The Auto Show, Motorcycle Show, Comic Con and the Fancy Food Show.
Melissa is the founder of The Emerging Designer and a marketing instructor a FIT in New York CIty. She holds a degree in Advertising from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a degree from Parsons The New School of Design, where she studied Fashion Design.
This year, Melissa was named a New York Fashion Fellow, a fellowship program given to only twenty rising starts in the fashion business.