During the first week of each month, Tin Shingle's Training Webinar TuneUp focuses on what you should be pitching the press this month, as well as effective strategies for your social media feeds. This TuneUp serves as a huge reminder that there are two major PR strategies going on: "Long Lead" and "Short Lead". Long Lead refers to National Magazines. Editors and writers for national print magazines work 3-6 months ahead of time. So you need to pitch them ideas right now that actually are themes 3-6 months from now. Use Tin Shingle's Editorial Calendars to help you get ideas (a Tin Shingle Membership is required to view Editorial Calendars). Short Lead refers to Blogs, TV, Radio and Weekly Magazines. Pitching writers at those media outlets is more current to what is going on right now, or a few weeks from now. We'll also talk about bigger picture strategies that you can apply to your campaign this month to keep your buzz and your business growing.
SHORT LEAD PITCH ANGLES AND IDEAS
- Timely story ideas that you can customize to your brand and pitch the short lead press.
- Holidays and celebrations you'll want to include in your buzz building.
- Seasonal must-dos right now for your PR campaign.
LONG LEAD PITCH ANGLES AND IDEAS
- How experts can become "talking heads" and pros in their favorite magazine pages.
- Timely story ideas that you can customize to your brand and pitch the long lead press - what the magazines are looking for now.
- Holidays and celebrations you'll want to include in your buzz building that will address events 3 to 6 months in advance.
STRATEGIES, SHORTCUTS, OUTREACH TIPS
- Cut your workload down with these PR shortcuts.
- Refresh the pitches you've been sending out so that you can update them for the reason.
- What to do if the people you're pitching repeatedly still aren't replying to your outreach.
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for Premium Members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes! Not a member yet? You really should be...
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
Sabina Hitchen is the founder of Sabina Knows, and a co-founder of Tin Shingle, and is now one of Tin Shingle's resident PR Experts. During her PR agency days, Sabina's clients appeared everywhere from the Today Show, Good Morning America and CBS This Morning to Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc.com, O the Oprah Winfrey Magazine, People StyleWatch, E! News and more. She is a true believer that "it's PR not ER" and that every small business given the right skills and tools can excel at managing and understanding their public relations campaign. - See more at: