This woman of Marvel, Adri Cowan, Senior Social Media Manager at Marvel and Owner of Rogue Social, a boutique social media agency stopped by our office on a Saturday for a cup of tea, an apple turnover, and to answer our burning question: "What the heck is going on with Instagram lately?"
Instagram is one of Adri's favorite social media platforms, so she delivered lots of dish on how to use it to build buzz for your business. When Adri is not strategizing social media for Marvel's many entertainment and retail properties, she is helping small businesses through her traveling workshops. If you missed the live broadcast, you're in luck! We have made this one available all day today, since that is the day we usually live broadcast the TuneUp for you.
Covered in this TuneUp:
- What Adri views what brands get out of Instagram: Clicks? Emotional connection to brand? Getting people somewhere at a certain time?
- Now that Instagram made the a person's Instagram stream based on popularity and not by when someone posted (aka "chronological"), how does that impact our posting?
- What makes a post popular - and seen by followers?
- Pros and Cons of connecting Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Converting an original Instagram account to a "business" account - worth it?
- What to consider when advertising on Instagram, aka - sponsoring a post.
- Tricks Adri uses to make Instagram easier and quicker to use while growing her reach.
- How to build buzz for an upcoming event.
- How people can measure Instagram's effectiveness. Is that even possible?
- How Adri sees Instagram evolving.
HOW TO WATCH
Anyone can watch a Tin Shingle TuneUp from their computer, mobile phone or tablet. The process is different for premium members and the public.
MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Stream any TuneUp Webinar anytime with your Tin Shingle membership. No need to purchase it, this TuneUp is ready to play from this page! When you are logged in, you will see a big screen. Press play and start taking notes!
NON-MEMBERS OF TIN SHINGLE
Once you buy a TuneUp, you own it forever. The video or audio recording will appear on the TuneUp page that you just purchased from, and all you need to do is press play!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Katie Hellmuth Martin is the Co-Founder of Tin Shingle and is committed to educating small businesses in common sense, yet sexy ways of marketing through search engines, and online branding. Small businesses from Main Street, to big business have relied on Katie for insight and forward thinking approaches to using today's technology to lock in online branding to increase sales. As lead producer and digital strategist at InHouse Design Media, Katie has developed e-commerce and content based websites, and devised SEO and social strategies for businesses of all types, including retail and service. She has managed the traffic flow and sales process for websites during features on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and Daily Candy. She is also the publisher of the local media source, A Little Beacon Blog. Katie speaks and teaches SEO and online marketing, and has been featured in Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, New York Daily News, and other publications. Connect with her on Twitter via @KJPixelated and @TinShingle, on Instagram @katiejamespixelated and @TinShingle and on Google+.