Please Note: This video works best in the Firefox browser.
This Training TuneUp explores Instagram's Stories - those little circle videos that appear at the top of your Instagram account. Instagram launched Stories in 2016 as a way for people to post imperfect photos, videos, and "moments inbetween" according to TechCruch.
In a 2016 interview with then Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom, people were only posting their most perfect and curated photos in Instagram. Stories was for those silly moments in between the glossy photos, which can give people more creative freedom, and brands more opportunities to get closer with their people by being, well, imperfect and relatable. The Stories only last for 24hrs (unless you know a few tricks to keep them forever), so people can feel less attached to them.
Covered In This TuneUp
- Why Instagram Stories? Why would you want to make these silly - or beautiful - videos?
- How do Instagram Stories help your brand?
- Design Tips and Tricks - Yes, Instagram Stories are that easy to design. Just tap and drag on something cute.
- What makes a good Instagram Story?
- Learn about how Instagram Stories work - Where do they go? Who sees them?
- One of the most important reasons to start using Instagram Stories right now - which might not be as true in years to come.
- Question answered from a viewer: "What is worthy of an Instagram Story?"
- Question answered from a viewer: "How many photos does it take to make 1 Instagram Story?" (Hint: this becomes a trick question)